Fluid Mechanics (Physical Properties of Fluids)
Indicate whether the statements are correct or incorrect.
1. Density is the ratio of mass of unit volume of liquid to the mass of unit volume of water.
2. In the gas equation temperature should be used in Kelvin scale.
3. Specific weight is the mass of unit volume.
4. The cohesive forces are highest in gases.
5. The shear force in solid is proportional to the deformation.
6. In fluids the shear force is proportional to the rate of deformation.
7. Newtonian fluid is one whose viscosity will increase directly with rate of deformation.
8. The vapour pressure will vary with temperature.
9. Ideal fluid has zero viscosity and is incompressible.
10. Gases can be treated as incompressible when small changes in pressure and temperature are involved.
Correct 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10
Incorrect 1, 3, 4, 7