Fluid Mechanics (Physical Properties of Fluids)
Indicate whether the statements are correct or incorrect.
1. Specific weight of a body will vary from place to place.
2. Mass is measured by a spring balance.
3. Specific weight is measured by a spring balance.
4. The weight of man will be lower on the moon.
5. The weight of a man will be higher in Jupiter.
6. Dynamic viscosity is a measure of momentum diffusivity.
7. Viscosity of liquids increases with temperature.
8. Viscosity of gases increases with temperature.
9. Higher the surface tension higher will be the pressure inside a bubble.
10. The head indicated by a mercury manometer is lower than the actual value.
11. The head indicated by a water manometer is lower than the actual value.
Correct 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10
Incorrect 2, 6, 7, 11