Most of AMIE aspirants feel fear when AMIE exams come near. Reasons may be manifold but one thing is certain that you have to overcome fear in order to do well in AMIE exams. Remember fear in not real but risks involved are real. There are certain things to remember to overcome fear.
- Stay positive and in control. Use your time wisely and don’t be too hard on yourself.
- Each time a negative thought enters your head about the exam, you must replace it with a positive one.
- Stay in control of the situation, don’t let the situation control you.
- Exams are not a problem for those who have approached the course with the right attitude and techniques.
- Active revision and summarising notes ease the final workload and help your memory.
- Plan your revision carefully and maintain at least some contact with carefully selected course colleagues.
- Your aim must be to arrive at the exam in as good a physical and mental state as possible. So don’t tire yourself out with work and don’t wear yourself out with the wrong type of lifestyle.
- Aim to arrive at the exam calm, collected, refreshed and cautiously optimistic.
Once you control your fear which is nothing but a virtual threat, you will be able to do extremely well in exams.