Role of Study Spot
To maintain a regular schedule, place of study is of utmost importance. It should include the following:
- A door you can close
- complete privacy is necessary
- study in the same place every day
- if there is no room at home, use the local library or college library
- A desk or table
- Proper lighting > good lighting, preferably a front desk lamp or strong overhead light. The light should not be from behind. It will reflect your image on the book.
- A straight chair > you need both comfort and support. No bed !! No couch!!
- Proper tools > keep your desk fully equipped and ready for books/study material, notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, ruler, calculator. Don’t get up to look for things - it breaks concentration. Don’t give yourself excuses leaving your studies.
- Good reference books/notes > Always study from good AMIE books (maybe costly)/study material etc. If new books are costly then you may purchase second-hand books/study material.
- a clock to help you budget your time
- bookshelves are often useful for books and supplies
- A cup of tea to boost your brain
- A music system for quiet and soft music in low volume (if you like)
- No TV (No distraction)
- No social media during studies