Write full forms of following abbreviations
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade, an international treaty (1948–94) to promote trade and economic development by reducing tariffs and other restrictions. It was superseded by the establishment of the World Trade Organization in 1995.
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research. The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) was established by the Government of India in September 1942 as an autonomous body known for its cutting edge R&D knowledge base
- United Nations Development Programme. It operates intending to eradicate poverty and prevent discrimination and exclusion in more than 170 countries.
- First Information Report. FIR is a document containing the essential details committed by a criminal offence.
- European Union (EU) It is an economic and political union of 27 countries within Europe. The aim of EU is to promote stability and economic cooperation between member states.
- Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU or MoU) It is a type of non-binding agreement between two or more parties that describes the intention of parties to work in consensus. It is generally made when parties are into initial discussions and outlines the rights and obligations of the parties to the agreement.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) It is the central banking institution of India that controls the monetary policy of the Indian rupee as well as the nation’s currency reserves.
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is an organisation of South Asian nations, founded in December 1985 by Government of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and SriLanka. In 2005 Afghanistan joined the organization. The Association provides a platform for the peoples of South Asia to work together in a spirit of friendship, trust and understanding, the organisation also dedicated to economic, technological, social, and cultural development.
- Wide Area Network (WAN) is a computer network that extends over a wide geographical area. WAN can contain multiple smaller networks, such as Local Area Network (LAN) and Metropolitan Area Network (MAN).
- National Defence Academy (NDA) is a Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force are trained together before they go on to pre-commissioning training to their respective service academies. NDA is located in Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra, India.
The study material for AMIE exams is available at https://amiestudycircle.com