Computing & Informatics - True/false type questions from AMIE exams
True/false type questions.
- Pentium is a 64-bit machine since it has got 64-bit Data Bus.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 is a single-user operating system.
- C++ is a completely portable language.
- An Assembler for Pentium is mandatory to support C++ execution in a Pentium based PC.
- TCP/IP can be run only when Ethernet is available as the data link protocol.
- Internet refers to a network of computers connected through optical fibres and other forms of wired cables.
- C++ compiler cannot handle scanf and printf commands are available in C.
- A modem, as well as an Ethernet card, are essential to provide Data One Broadband Connection.
- L1 cache is a split memory to speed up execution.
- The primary memory of every computer is essentially magnetic memory.
- True. It has a 64-bit data bus and internal processing capability.
- True. Only one user can login and work with windows 2000 OS. Multiple windows can be opened and multiple programs can be executed on a time-sharing basis.
- True. C++ can be run on any machine.
- False. C++ is a high-level language. A compiler is essential to translate C++ programs.
- False. TCP/IP runs any network that has TCP/IP software installed.
- False. Internet is a network of networks. Networking can be done using non-wired methods also. Ex: Wireless networks.
- False. By including stadio.h header file we can handle scanf and printf commands available in C
- True. They are required to translate signals from computer to a form that is acceptable by broadband connection and vice-versa.
- True. L1 cache works based on the principle of locality of reference and is used for increasing the speed of execution.
- False: Primary memory of modern computers are essentially semiconductor memories.
The study material for AMIE/B Tech/Junior Engineer exams is available at https://amiestudycircle.com