Yes/No type questions.
- A variable of type char can be used to store the integer 101.
- A variable defined within a function is visible to all functions onwards from its point of definition.
- The element referred to by array Example  is the sixth element of the array.
- The binary representation of the decimal number 45.25 is 101101.1101.
- The hard disk is also known as the main memory of a computer system.
- A minimum of four computers is required to establish a LAN.
- The secondary memory of a computer is also known as volatile memory.
- A management information system is an example of a system program.
- Application programs are easier to write compared to system programs.
- MS-DOS is an example of a virtual memory op crating system.
- Yes. In a variable of type char up to 256 (unsigned) can be stored as 1-byte memory space is allocated for char type variable.
- No. A variable defined within a function is visible only within the function (local variable). If a variable is to be visible for all functions (Global variable), it must be defined at the top of the programs.
- Yes. Example  is the sixth element because array numbering starts from 0. There are five elements ahead of Example . They are Example , Example .............Example .
- False. It is (101101.01)2
- No. The Main memory of a computer refers to the semiconductor primary memory which is generally a DRAM.
- No. A LAN can be established even using two computers.
- No. Volatile memory refers to the memory whose contents are lost upon power-off condition. Secondary memories are permanent storage devices and do not lose data when power is off.
- No. MIS is application software. System software helps users use the computer in a friendly manner. They include compiler. assembler, linker, loader, operating system etc.
- Yes. To write an application program hardware knowledge is not essential. To write system software-hardware knowledge is essential.
- No DOS does not support virtual memory UNIX support virtual memory.
The study material for AMIE/B Tech/Junior Engineer exams is available at https://amiestudycircle.com