Computing & Informatics - MCQs from AMIE exam (Summer 2021)
Choose the correct answer for the following (10 x 2)
1. What is C++?
(a) C++ is an object-oriented programming language
(b) C++ is a procedural programming language
(c) C++ supports both procedural and object-oriented programming language
(d) C++ is a functional programming language
2. Which of the following is the correct syntax of including user-defined header files in C++?
(a) #include [userdefined]
(b) #include "userdefined"
(c) #include <userdefined.h>
(d) #include <userdefined>
3. Which of the following approach is used by C++?
4. Which of the following is correct about this pointer in C++?
(a) This pointer is passed as a hidden argument in all static variables of a class
(b) This pointer is passed as a hidden argument in all the functions of a class
(c) This pointer is passed as a hidden argument in all non-static functions of a class
(d) This pointer is passed as a hidden argument in all static functions of a class
5. Which of the following type is provided by C++ but not C?
6. The physical layer is concerned with ⸻
(a) bit-by-bit delivery
(b) the process to process delivery
(c) application to application delivery
(d) port to port delivery
7. Which transmission media provides the highest transmission speed in a network?
(a) Coaxial cable
(b) Twisted pair cable
(c) Optical fibre
(d) Electrical cable
8. Bits can be sent over guided and unguided media as an analogue signal by
(a) Digital modulation
(b) Amplitude modulation
(c) Frequency modulation
(d) Phase modulation
9. Which of the following is a type of architecture used in computers nowadays?
(b) Harvard Architecture
(c) Von-Neumann Architecture
(d) System Design
10. Which of the following allows simultaneous write and read operations?
(d) None of the above
1. (a) C++ is a general-purpose object-oriented programming (OOP) language developed by Bjarne Stroustrup.
2. (b) C++ uses double quotes to include a user-defined header file. The correct syntax of including user-defined is #include “userdefinedname”.
3. (c) Object-oriented language such as C++ or java uses a bottom-up approach where each object is identified first.
4. (c) The ‘this’ pointer is passed as a hidden argument to all non-static member function calls and is available as a local variable within the body of all non-static functions. ‘this’ pointer is a constant pointer that holds the memory address of the current object. ‘this’ pointer is not available in static member functions, as static member functions can be called without any object (with class name).
5. (d) C++ provides the boolean type to handle true and false values, whereas no such type is provided in C.
6. (a) Physical layer deals with a bit to bit delivery in networking. The data unit in the physical layer is bits. The process to process delivery or the port to port delivery is dealt with in the transport layer. The various transmission mediums aid the physical layer in performing its functions.
7. (c) Fiber optics is considered to have the highest transmission speed among the all mentioned above. The fiber optics transmission runs at 1000Mb/s. It is called as 1000Base-Lx whereas IEEE standard for it is 802.3z. It is popularly used for modern day network connections due to its high transmission rate.
8. (a) Digital Modulation provides more information capacity, high data security, quicker system availability with great quality communication. Hence, digital modulation techniques have a greater demand, for their capacity to convey larger amounts of data than analog modulation techniques.The aim of digital modulation is to transfer a digital bit stream over an analog communication channel, for example over the public switched telephone network (where a bandpass filter limits the frequency range to 300–3400 Hz) or over a limited radio frequency band.
9. (c) John von Neumann proposed this architecture. The Von Neumann architecture consists of a single, shared memory for programs and data, a single bus for memory access, an arithmetic unit, and a program control unit. The Von Neumann processor operates fetching and execution cycles seriously.
10. (c) The Random Access Memory or RAM is the computer memory which allows simultaneous read and write operations in the Computer. A RAM allows the instantaneous reading as well as writing of a memory, irrespective of the physical location of the data in the memory. The RAMs govern the memory used in operations in the computer, and the memory stored in them is temporary, and lost when the next operation is initiated or the computer is shut down.
- The study material for AMIE/B Tech/Junior Engineer exams is available at https://amiestudycircle.com
- If you like the post please share your thoughts in the comment section