Environmental Pollution and Control in Mines - MCQs from AMIE exams (Set 4)
- A: Extremely unstable conditions
- B: Moderately unstable conditions
- C: Slightly unstable conditions
- D: Neutral conditions
- E: Slightly stable conditions
- F: Moderately stable conditions
- G: Extremely Stable
QS and QR is flow of water in stream and river respectively
(DO)S and (D)R is dissolved oxygen in stream and river respectively
Hence, 5 = [QS x 2 + 300 x 7]/[QS + 300]
⇒ QS = 200 L/s
6. (a) Nitrogen oxides come from car exhaust, coal power plants, and factory emissions. VOCs are released from gasoline, paints, and many cleaning solvents. When sunlight hits these chemicals, they form airborne particles and ground-level ozone—or smog.
7. (c) Cyclones of this type are used primarily to collect coarse particles when collection efficiency and space requirements are not a major consideration. Collection efficiency for conventional cyclones on 10 micron particles is generally 50 to 80 percent.
9. (a) Granular activated carbon (GAC) adsorption is a widespread water treatment technology especially applied in waterworks for removing dissolved organic compounds (natural organic matter, micropollutants).
10. Wrong question
- The study material for AMIE/B Tech/Junior Engineer exams is available at https://amiestudycircle.com
- If you like the post please share your thoughts in the comment section